Sunday, August 28, 2011

Wireless Technology with PC's

Wireless Technology with PC's has advanced so much that desktop and even phones can provide wireless internet. The advantage today in having a desktop with wireless capabilties eliminates the need for ethernet cable wiring throughout ones house. The benefit's are decreasing clutter within ones home and the ability to install a desktop anywhere within the range of the wireless signal. Even if a desktop PC did not have a internal wireless adapter, companies such as Linksys and NetGear manufactures USB wireless adapters that can give you high strength wireless internet connection.
WiFi / Wireless Network 802.11g PCI Expansion Card 54Mb
Wireless Desktop Adapter


Zaher Jaser
CIS/205 - Student at UOP
rj41588@email.phoenix.edu

1 comment:

  1. The best thing I love about Wireless Technology is the freedom you get in your home to be anywhere and still be connected to the internet.
    I don't have to be nailed down to a chair in the study or my room anymore. I can be in the kitchen with my laptop, in the living room, even outside on the lawn relaxing in my hammock and still be checking my stocks, doing homework or just updating my facebook page.
    I agree that it is so much neater than having all those cables all over the house and sticking out of the back of your computer. All I need now is my power cable and peripherals connected to the back of my desktop computer. I love the new WiFi world that we live in.

    ReplyDelete